- Currently practicing trial attorney for forty-six (46) years, and Senior Partner, in the law firm of Alperstein & Diener, P.A., Baltimore, Maryland, concentrating in the areas of criminal law, motor vehicle laws, DWI, torts, worker’s compensation, domestic relations, in the District Court, Circuit Court, and Administrative Law Courts of Maryland;
- Listed in the 2011 and 2008 Baltimore Magazine, Super Lawyers of Maryland/The Top Attorneys in Maryland - Criminal Defense;
- Selected as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers of Maryland by the American Trial Lawyers Association;
- Member of the Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission for Baltimore City (4 terms 1994 to present)(19 years);
- Inquiry Committee and Attorney Panel Member of the Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland, 1986 through June of 2014;
- Member of the Executive Council of the Bar Association of Baltimore City, 1989 to 2009; 2010-2013;
- Co-Chair of the Judicial Administration Committee of the Baltimore City Bar Association, 1998-2002 (co-chair four (4) different administrations, presently active member of committee);
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating for Highest Right in Legal Ability & Ethical Standards;
- Elected President of Simon E. Sobeloff Law Society, Baltimore Chapter, 2012-2013;
- Elected Vice President of Simon E. Sobeloff Law Society, Baltimore Chapter 2010-2011;
- Elected to Executive Board of Simon E. Sobeloff Law Society, Baltimore Chapter 2008 to present;
- Member, Baltimore City Bar Association Bench-Bar Committee, 1996 to present;
- Elected as a Fellow of the Maryland State Bar Foundation, 1998;
- Elected as a Fellow of the Baltimore City Bar Foundation, 1999;
- Member, Baltimore City Bar Association’s Judicial Selection Committee, 1989-1994;
- Chair and Lecturer for Baltimore City Bar Association, CLE Program on DUI/DWI, November 17, 1998, December 8, 1999, February 7, 2001, April 18, 2007, December 16, 2010, November 29, 2011, January 9, 2013;
- Lecturer for Baltimore County Bar Association, CLE Program on DUI/DWI, May 8, 2013;
- Member, American, Maryland State, Baltimore County, and Baltimore City Bar Associations;
- Member, American Judiculture Society;
- Former Member, American Trial Lawyers Association;
- Member, Maryland Association of Justice formerly known as Maryland Trial Lawyers Association;
- Admitted to practice before the Maryland Court of Appeals, State and District Courts, U.S. Supreme Court, and U.S. District Court of Maryland;
- Former Assistant State’s Attorney for Baltimore City;
- Former Committing Magistrate for Baltimore County;
- Served as a Captain in the United States Army Military Police Corps; received the Army Commendation Award for Outstanding Services, 1965 to 1967 (plus 6 years USA Active Reserves.)
Public Positions - House of Delegates:
- Maryland House of Delegates, representing Northwest Baltimore County; 1972 to 1986.
- Vice-Chairman, Judiciary Committee, which handled all legislation concerning criminal law, motor vehicle law and civil law; 1983 to 1986.
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Motor Vehicles Laws, 1975 to 1986.
- Member, House of Delegate Leadership, 1983 to 1986.
- Member, Administrative, Executive, Legislative Review Committee (AELR), which approves all administrative and executive regulations and appointments during the interim between legislative sessions, 1983 to 1986.
- Chairman of the Baltimore County Delegation of the Maryland House of Delegates, 1978 to 1982.
- Member, House Judiciary Committee, 1972 to 1986.
- Founding Member of Simon E. Sobeloff Law Society, Baltimore Chapter, current President (2012-2013), Vice President 2010-2011, Executive Board from 2008 to present;
- Past President, Safety First Club of Maryland, Inc. 2003;
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, Safety First Club of Maryland, Inc., 2005 to present;
- Northwest Hospital Center, Board of Trustee, 1981 to 1995;
- Levindale Geriatric Center and Hospital, 1992 to 1999;
- Chizuk Amuno Brotherhood, Past Vice President, 1990;
- University of Maryland Baltimore County Campus, Former Member, Chancellor's Advisory Board, 1972 to 1978;
- Towson State University, Former Member, Dean's Advisory Council on Teacher Education, 1972 to 1978;
- Maryland Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Former Member, Board of Directors, 1991 to 1994
- Western Maryland College (McDaniel College), B.A., 1962
University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 1965
Award & Honors:
- Selected for inclusion in the 2011 and 2008 Baltimore Magazine, Super Lawyers of Maryland/The Top Attorneys in Maryland - Criminal Defense.
- Selected as one of the Top 100 Maryland Trial Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association.
- Recipient of The Bar Association of Baltimore City’s Presidential Award, 2009 for selflessly undertaking community, civil and/or charitable service which brings honor to the profession and for devoting time and energy to the Bar Association of Baltimore City through substantial work on the BABC committees, and other exemplary service to the Association.
- Selected as one of the five outstanding Young Marylanders by the Maryland Jaycees.
- Selected to the Safety First Club of Maryland, Inc., Hall of Fame for outstanding service, September 22, 2005.
- Received the "LEADERSHIP IN LIFE SAVING AWARD" from the Safety First Club of Maryland.
- Recipient of the "LEGISLATOR OF THE YEAR AWARD" from the Baltimore County Young Democrats.
- Legislator of the year Award, Shomrin Lodge, Independent Order of Brith Shalom for sponsorship of Anti-Crime Legislation, 1981.
- Certificate of Appreciation, Jewish War Veterans, Department of Maryland, 1979-80.
- Listed in Who's Who in American Politics.
- Man of the Year and Humanitarian Award, 1984, by the Jewish War Veterans National Memorial, Inc.
- Certificate of Appreciation, 1985, Maryland Association of Women Highway Safety Leaders.
- Appreciation Award, Maryland State Troopers Association, 1984.
- Appreciation Award, Maryland and Baltimore City Fraternal Order of Police (FOP).
- Awarded the Governor's Citation by Governor Harry Hughes for outstanding leadership and community service, 1981.
- Received Baltimore County Executive's Award for Outstanding service and Leadership to the Citizens of Baltimore County, 1981.
- Received Anne Arundel County Executive's Award for Outstanding Service and Leadership to the Citizens of Anne Arundel County, 1981.
- American Pediatrics' Association's Man of the Year, 1983 for sponsoring child restraint legislation.